Sometimes I feel like Linus. My pumpkin obsession has gone a bit too far.
I know I've been talking about fall and pumpkins a lot lately. You've gotta understand, I live for this season. Today, we're going to focus mainly on the pumpkin. I kicked off my pumpkin binge with a Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte a few weeks ago and now I can't stop. It's becoming a small obsession and gradually taking over for my usual skinny vanilla latte.
After obsessing over the pumpkin spice latte and a pumpkin bagel from Einstein Brothers, I decided to take matters into my own hands and make some delicious pumpkin baked goods. There was only one problem: canned pumpkin was nowhere to be found. After calling around northwest DC, I finally found a store with Libby's in stock. After a mile long trek to and from Giant, I finally had my hands on a can of pumpkin.
And this is what I did with it:
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins.
It really doesn't get easier than this. You only need three ingredients. Trust me on this one.
just a box of spice mix, a 15 oz can of pumpkin, and chocolate chips.
stir it all together.
these got rave reviews. highly recommended.
I passed these babies out at the McDowell front desk and everyone loved them. Trust me.
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins
(adapted from All Recipes)
- 1 box spice cake mix (I used Betty Crocker)
- 1 15 oz. can of pumpkin puree
- Semi sweet chocolate chips (use your discretion, I eyeballed it)
- Brown sugar, optional
- Preheat the oven to 350 and line or grease 12 muffin pans.
- Stir together the cake mix and the pumpkin. The batter should be doughy and thick, more like a biscuit than muffin batter.
- Mix in chocolate chips.
- Fill muffin tins all the way.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Towards the end of the baking cycle (around 15 minutes), sprinkle on some brown sugar for a crunchy top.
I'll definitely be making these again. They're so moist and delicious. I'm obsessed.
Here are some other pumpkin recipes I can't wait to try, as soon as I get my hands on the five cans of pumpkin my mom purchased for me.
Pumpkin Snickerdoodles by Annie's Eats
Pasta with Pumpkin and Sausage by Food, Love, & Life
Pumpkin Cream Cheese Cookies by My Mom
What are your favorite pumpkin recipes? Share with me!