Have you met this girl?! If not, you probably should. She's the greatest. Her name's Annija and I'm so lucky that I awkwardly wandered into her room the first night at AU freshman year.
Anyway, we trekked to Georgetown in the rain on Saturday to do some shopping for her fraternity's big/little week and as usual, it was quite the adventure.
It wasn't going to rain on our parade.
- Our bus driver was singing to himself. He's the greatest. We were both in love.
- We got a tour of Brooks Brothers, courtesy of Phoenix and now I want to buy the whole store. #stylishgirlproblems #styleprincessproblems #abbyproblems
- J. Crew was SO CROWDED. Like, what. It was packed. I've never seen anything like it. And Victoria's Secret had nothing. Nothing.
- We didn't even bother with Georgetown Cupcake because Georgetown was so crowded. Instead, we headed over to Baked and Wired for an equally delicious (and huge) cupcake. I had the chai tea cupcake. So worth it.
- Lesson learned: stick to coffeehouse lattes. $4 lattes from Baked and Wired are so not worth it.
- SERENDIPITY 3 IS NOW OPEN.
it's here!!! ahhh!
I'm a big fan of this New York staple. Yeah, sure. It is a little overrated but I think it's super cute. Mmmm. Frozen Hot Chocolate.
cutest window display.
I left Georgetown empty handed, surprisingly. I'm trying to save money for studying abroad next semester.
Saturday night was so much fun. I don't even know where to begin. It was actually too much fun. I believe the quote of the evening belongs to these two guys:
this is kevin.
this is iyad aka my big.
"Go get a haircut, go shopping, and come back. Actually, go get a haircut, go shopping, and don't come back."
We also bonded over the shock of a girl wearing a leather corset dress. Legitimately. This is not a club. Freshman biddie status = awarded. That's okay. We've all been there. Remember the days when I'd wear heels out? No longer. Life lessons learned in fraternity house basements. Not trying to ruin my good shoes. Ever again.
yeah, that happened...
this is marley. she tried on said leather dress at forever as a joke. AS A JOKE. you can imagine our shock when someone showed up in it for real.
Also, grumpy potato.
Other pictures from the evening:
ben and his brooks brothers shirt.
jake who likes my pumpkin muffins.
hannah, who used to be on dance team, and i miss dearly.
On our way out, it was raining. Freezing cold and raining. And I didn't have an umbrella. So many problems.
But it was worth it. Sooooo worth it.
It's days like these that make me happy.